Sunday, April 11, 2010

March Flew by, TOO!

March went just as quickly, if not faster, as February. Here are some highlights from our month!
While at JC Penny's, I found a cute sweater in the women's department. However, they only had it in extra small. At the price of $1.98, I couldn't pass it up. I brought it home and instantly got to work. I made Ady a striped sweater of her own! So cute! Tiffany, Darek, and Caylee came and visited! We are sure glad they did! Even though it was freezing cold, we thought it would be fun to go fishing. We didn't catch a single fish, but we still had fun!

Hayden enjoying the fishing!
Everyone having fun!
At the area we were fishing, they have a play ground for kids! While I was watching the kids play, Ady started crying and throwing a fit. I sternly told her she needed to come sit down on the bench for a time out, and as soon as I finish my sentence, I look down and Tiffany's dog, Goofy, is sitting where I was pointing. Poor dog must have thought I was yelling at him! Now if only I could get my kids to listen to me like that!
We also had the privilege of going out with this awesome Couple! Matt and Tressa! We went out bowling and had a fabulous time!
The lucky leprechaun also came and visited in March. He turned our apple juice green, and our milk too! He left the kids a bucket of green goodies as well!




I found a pattern for a bag that I really loved. However, after purchasing the pattern, I realized how expensive it was going to be to sew. My sister, on the other hand, wanted one too, so she bought everything needed, and I made it for her. 10-15 hours, 4 heavy duty sewing needles, 20 thousand layers of fabric, and multiple cuss words later, I manage to finish the 1st and last bag I will ever make out of this pattern! So cute, but not worth the time or effort! (sorry sis)


I also made Ady a dress out of a $1 tinker bell shirt I picked up at WalMart!



Ady (and Hayden too) received multiple Easter cards in the Mail this year! (thank you everyone who sent one) Grandma Newby sent stickers in her cards! Ady made use of them the second she got them!


Our anniversary is coming up, but it's not until June. A lady I work with, Rhonda, has a husband that builds! I came up with the idea of having a gun cabinet made for Ben for our anniversary! Her husband got done with it, a lot sooner than expected, and we were able to pick it up early! I think it turned out great, and Ben was super surprised! He loves it!



No comments: