Wednesday, October 29, 2008
1. My name is spelled T-E-R-A-H, not Tara, Tera, Tarah, Terra, Tarrah or Taren
2. I loved to make things,
3. but hate to do repeats (like making more than one or two of the same thing)
4. My kids bring me the most joy
5. I have a very hard time saying no to my kids
6. I can't handle paper scrapbooking,
7. But am amazed at digital scrapbooking
8. I am an Internet A-holic
9. I love craigslist
10. If I can remake it, I usually will
11. I like change
12. I have a low self confidence about myself.
13. I went to school for medical billing
14. I stay at home, and feel like nothing is ever accomplished
15. I stay up way later than I should most nights of the week
16. My husband thinks I need to be on a schedule...
17. And I agree, but I am a procrastinator
18. I focus too much on making others happy
19. I spend not enough time on taking care of my self
20. I probably waste time
21. I enjoy spending time with my family
22. I have only gone on 2 dates with my husband since Ady was born.... sad
23. I look up to my husband for his "smartness"
24. I like doing laundry,
25. But hate folding clothes, hence why laundry seems to always be mounting up
26. I like to think that I am crafty
27. I am having a hard time deciding what path I should take next
28. I sew, when I should be doing other things
29. Exercising makes the stressful things in my life seem not so stressful
30. I don't know what to believe.
31. I am still clueless, and probably always will be about the elections,
32. I probably will still vote though
33. Sometimes I envy my husband because he has a job that he can go to and I am stuck home
34. I know what I need to do to lose weight
35. but i don't do it
36. I enjoy taking walks anywhere
37. I am very compassionate
38. I have a hard time making, and keeping friends
39. I play the piano, not much lately, but I think I use to be good at it.
40. I believe that Ben, is my eternal partner, husband, sidekick, love...
41. I love him more than he knows,
42. I love to try new recipes
43. I worry about money constantly
44. I watch a lot of reality TV
45. If i could, i would Rollerblade everyday
46. I wish people in my life would focus on what really matters
47. I am a worry wart
48. I am a list person It it's not written down, I usually don't remember to do it
49. I focus on my past way, when I should be focusing on my future
50. Half way there, and I am running out of ideas
51. I am a good listener
52. I am already going gray
53. I like to organize,
54, but have a hard time staying organized
55. I have blue eyes
56. I have lived in Idaho my entire life
57. My tubes are tied... no more kids for me
58. I like driving a nice car
59. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life
60. I have had miracles occur
61. I am thankful for my husband, and his willingness to work so I don't have to
62. I don't really like laptops
63. I haven't had a job I love
64. I love to eat Italian food
65. I enjoy reading people's blogs, even if I may not know them personally
66. I am not a fan of myspace, even though I have a page with them
67. Facebook bores me
68. I wish something good would happen for once in our life
69. I don't spend enough time thinking about all the things I am thankful for
70. I use to Rollerblade 5-10 miles a day
71. I look at others, and always think they have a better life than I do
72. My kids sometimes drive me nuts,
73. but i still love them, regardless
74. I wish I had a family that cared more about my family...?...
75. life is unfair... life goes on
76. I need more friends, a friend, anyone
77. I believe kids need discipline,
78. i am a pushover
79. i just realized how negative I have been on this... SORRY
80. I love Benjamin Lee Weaver
81. My life revolves around my family... I wouldn't have it any other way
82. I am not a good teacher, but like to show people how things are done
83. I am a hands on learner
84. I pick up things very quickly when I am doing it myself
85. I love babies
86. I work together with people very well, and can work by myself well too
87. I think I am easy to get along with
88. I can be moody at times
89. I admit that i am wrong... a lot
90. I wear glasses
91. I wish this was number 100
92. I am a twin,
93, and everyone thinks my kids look just like my sister?!
94. I wish people would answer the phone when I call
95. I am not a fan of Sleep number beds
96. I am trying to show love and be loved
97. My husband says I am difficult? I probably am?
98. I can't wake up in the morning like i should
99. I love to decorate
100. I am done, I am going to check on the kiddos and heading to bed!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Hayden really enjoyed the apple picking... even when we were leaving, he insisted on filling up his bucket before he could leave.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Cami tagged me, so here goes...
8 TV Shows I love to watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Jon and Kate plus8
3. Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
6. Little People, Big World
7. Private Practice
8. Bringing home baby?! Weird I know...
8 Favorite Restaurants:
1. Olive Garden
2. Famous Daves
5. taco del mar
7. Baja Fresh
8. Anything mexican
8 Things that Happened Yesterday:
1. watched paisley...
2. got screwed over by another car dealer
3. made a dinner that didn't work out like i wanted it to
4. Bill and Dana came over
5. Watched the happening
6. I woke up
7. I fell asleep on the couch
8. I had a boring day
8 Things I'm looking Forward to:
1.Ben finding a new job
4. Moving out of this hell hole
5.making more money
6. The kids spending time with grandma
!8. losing weight!
8 Things on My Wish List:
1.student loans paid in full
2. be back to my pre marriage weight
3. to have my own business
4. to be content
5. to move far far away
6. lots of snow
7. healthy kids this winter
!8. Ikea by my house!
8 People I'm Tagging:
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Why is it so that good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people, or as my husbands co worker says... "if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck"
Everything we try to do, never works out the way we expect it to, or even how we would like it to. It seems recently, with every aspect of our life, we try something new and we get screwed because of it. Some examples...
We buy an envoy while we are in in Cali visiting... we get it home with an extended warranty, and it breaks down, we take it to the dealer to get it fixed, and the warranty doesn't cover a dang thing...
We buy a Chrysler 300c with a 90 day warranty and it doesn't cover what's broken either...
We try a sleep number bed from select comfort... hoping it will fix our sleep and back problems, with promises from the store manager that it will cost us absolutely nothing test it for 30 days, and if we don't like it, we can return it. Well, we returned it and are now stuck with a $700 bill and no bed cause it didn't work for us...
These are just some of the things that have gotten me peeved right now. Life has been throwing us curve ball after curve ball with things that cause me more stress than I can handle, and right now, I am running out of ideas on how to handle everything.
On the good side, I have been trying a lot harder to take the time to see the blessings that are in my life. My family, the most valuable people in my life, are first on my list. My husband and kids take a lot of grunt from me, and I appreciate them more than they will ever know. My kids bring such joy to me. They love me, regardless if I am grumpy, moody, or happen to yell a few words at them. I wish I could display the kind of love that they have. I wish I had the frame of mind they show to me each and every day.
We have so many wonderful things, and have had such miracles happen. I just need to remember this when I am down, and appreciate more, the good things that do happen.
Monday, October 13, 2008
1. Showers. I have always been obsessed with showering... I hate to smell. When I was younger I would take 2-3 showers a day... Now its only one, and it's rare that I go a day without showering
2.Germs. I hate germs. I am constantly scrubbing my counter, or washing something twice if I think it may still have germs on it.... I only wear something once and then wash it for fear it may smell weird. I also over wash my hands...
3.Blogging... Now that I have gotten the hang of it... I am always thinking about it.
.4. List. I have to write things down because I forget everything and I have become one of those women who have shopping list at the store.
5. Crafts... I am always figuring out how to do something crafty. I feel like if I don't have any projects going on, I am not useful, or using my brain enough.
I tag... everyone
Ady and I enjoying ourselves!
What a cute little family!
Hayden feeding the zebra at the petting zoo!
Ady chasing the birds... She would have done it the whole time if we would have let her.
I don't know why this picture is so small, but it's cute... Caylee and my mom on the hayride.
Ben and Ady! Don't they look alike
Ady has her pumpkin
Hayden sitting on his pumpkin!
Ady and I again. A picture of most of us... Hayden and Caylee were running around, and my mom taking the picture!
Ady in her new cute coat and hat!
Tiffany, Darek and Caylee (she didn't want her picture taken)
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
I have been trying to become more familiar with my blog, and as you can see I have been adding a lot to it... I hope you like the changes!
As I was going through the kids closets today trying to get their clothes in gear for the colder weather, I realized how much of their clothing I purchase used... Don't get me wrong... I don't go to goodwill and just buy clothing so my kids have clothes to wear. I am very picky, and I am adamant about how my kids look. I love name brands, but living on one income, it's hard for me to spend a lot on clothing knowing that I am taking money from elsewhere, and knowing that they will grow out of the clothes in a few months. I remember the days with Hayden, when Ben and I were both working, I would go and drop $50 bucks easily on one outfit for Hayden at Gymboree. Those days are no more. I used to take advantage of Other Mother's, but it seems that I find things there far and few in between. I think this is because my kids are getting to the age of wearing out clothes quicker... I occasionally go, but rarely find what I am looking for. I know I will have to start spending more on clothing, but for now, I think we are doing good!
So, my sewing machine is still in non function mode. I am supposed to get it back tomorrow... hopefully it works. I have become so dependent on it as a stress reliever after a long day with the kids. I enjoy sitting down and spending an hour making something, and seeing the results. I get joy out of some pretty weird stuff. I know.
We went on a walk tonight, to help promote a healthy family lifestyle. The kids seem to enjoy going for a stroller ride, and Ben and I get the exercise we need. I love the subdivision we are living it. I never feel unsafe to go walking, or rollerblading. There are waking paths around the entire subdivision, and it's just a friendly neighborhood. I just wish we could afford to buy a house here.
OK, So I know you are thinking I have touched on some weird topics here... This post describes exactly what is going on in my head right now... I have multiple things on my mind, and am puzzled at how life seems to work out, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Like we always do, we will stick it out, and things will work like they are supposed to... CONFUSING, HUH?!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Ben, Hayden and Ady Playing together on the couch!
Ady kissing her "dollll-eeeee" She has been attached to dolls recently, and seems to always have one.
On Friday, Britnae, my niece, came over and helped me with Hayden, Ady, and Paisley... We had fun making cookies and creating a spiderweb for a Halloween decoration ( i will post pictures when it's done) Hayden has so much fun with her... He calls her "Burt-nee"
Together they made a snake cookie and Hayden was impressed that it had "eyes" on it when Britnae gave it it him... You can see the excitement in his face about the cookie!
That night we went to Burger King for the first time in about 2 months. Hayden had been asking all week to go, and we finally gave in... The food was awful, but well worth the joy of seeing my kids have fun. On the way to Burger King, Hayden fell asleep (he had not had a nap that day). Ben said to him "Hayden, we're here." Hayden opened his eyes and blurted "Now, that's what I'm talking about!" He is become such a little man. He speaks so clearly, and so often. I just love to listen to his words, and try to understand what's going on in his head.
Saturday night I made a "chicken, veggie couscous", and it seemed to be good. Everyone that was at our house at the time ate some and seemed to enjoy it.My Twin Sister and her fam came over for the first time on Saturday, in about a month. We had fun, played card games, and just talked... Didn't accomplish much, but we enjoyed each others company. I wish I would have taken some pics... maybe next time! They came over again on Sunday, and I was in the kitchen again, making Meatloaf and Mashed taters! It was sure yummy, but I don't know how good it was for me.
Today, we took the kids to a new park, just built at a school down the road from our house. They had a ton of fun climbing on the ropes and riding the slides.
Tomorrow is a new day. Once again, I will start my healthy life, and continue to strive for weight loss. I did notice today that my pants were quite loose and I had to hold them up if I didn't want to be without them... That must be a good sign!
This picture was taken on the day of Hayden's 3rd Birthday Party... Before everyone got to the house, Hayden wanted to go outside and draw with chalk. He would always ask me to draw spiderman, so on that day, I drew and extra large chalk spiderman. He was quite thrilled. Even though it was April, it was kinda cold, and Ady looks like she is not enjoying her coat at all!
I tag everyone who reads my blog.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Why do bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to "bad" people? Ben, especially, and I have been working so hard to make our life, and our kids lives so much better, but we always get put down, or tossed aside. We have come to expect the negative out of every situation, because if it can happen, it will... I mean, what have we done wrong, what should have we done differently, and what should we do differently to make our life better?
I guess I would be feeling a little bit better about life if I had some good wholesome friends to depend on as well. Maybe I am being a little selfish, but I am sick of always being the person to depend on, and nobody for me to depend on. I know, I have not been the best at being a good friend, but I am trying. It seems like everyone we meet doesn't like us for who we are, but for what we can "do" for them. They use us and then we never hear from them again... Or they only call when they need something, or the expect us to always call and always set everything up... like the world revolves around them. If anyone would like to be my friend... please let me know...
As my friend, I promise to you that I will:
1. Be there for you when you need it most, and you be there for me when I need it most. I will stick with you.
2. Be a good listener. If you have a problem, or just want to vent, I will help you.
3. Be your shopping buddy, hang out buddy, movie buddy, workout partner...friend in crime.hahaha.
4. Be honest
5. Show you unconditional love
6. Enjoy your company
7. Respect you
8. Be Dependable
All I ask in return is the same... If you are looking for good friend, too, please leave me a comment!