Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Where has the time gone?!

We are keeping busy lately... So much to do and so little time to do it. A whole weekend has passed once again, and I have yet to blog.
This weekend we had fun. We went to Hayden's friends birthday party, then headed to the mall to do some shopping. I really needed a few pair of jeans since all of mine were falling off constantly... Hopefully a good sign of what is to come. It took some time, and some persistence from both my Mom and Sister, but I finally found 2 pairs of jeans the fit perfectly for only 32 bucks total... I had fun spending time with my family, and was glad that I was able to accomplish what we had set out to do.
Ady's normal hair do! Not really, but her hair always seems to be flying one way or another!
The tongue is another story.

On Sunday, Ben had to go out to Nampa to do some computer work with a friend. The kids and I went along with him for the ride, dropped him off, and went browsing around town. After that, we met up with Randy, Cathy, and Breann for lunch at Fridays. We enjoyed the conversation and fun that was had.





I haven't taken a lot of pictures lately due to my kids being sick, but I thought why not, get pictures of how they are... for reality. So I did. In most of the pictures I took recently, You can see Ady's yucky nose. Yes I know her nose is running in the pictures, please ignore it. She, and Hayden, seem to be doing better now, hopefully the illness will be gone soon.
I told Ady there was a dog in the camera lens so she would look in it and I could take her picture. She decided she needed to get her finger in there to make sure...


Hayden, as usual, didn't want his picture taken, and was very reluctant to smiling?!
Cute Anyways




Ben has been worrying a lot lately about his Job at Micron. He doesn't officially work at Micron, he works for a company called HCL America, based out of India. I guess they will be going into a "slow down" period where he may be laid off, or be required to take time off without pay. We are currently in the process of looking for a new job for Ben, once again, and hope that he will be able to find something that he will enjoy and be able to succeed at. If any of you reading this, know of any good Information Technology Positions open Please let us know. He does have his Bachelor's degree, project management certification, and plenty of experience. At this point we are willing to relocate so that he is able to have a good career. Thanks in advance!






Along with thinking about Ben's Job, I have also been thinking about the upcoming holidays, and what they mean to me. I want to be able to explain to my children the full and true meaning of the holidays, and know that they understand why they occur. I find Hayden constantly saying that he wants this and that from Santa, and realize that he doesn't know anything else about Christmas besides receiving gifts. While I love the fact that my children enjoy Christmas, I want them to have the spirit of Christmas within, and know why we celebrate what we do. I better get working on it. Christmas will be here before we know it.





I have been doing a lot of crafts lately. My older sister, Dana, works for Citigroup, and they are having a craft bazaar and we decided we would try to sell some things to see if people will really buy them. Everything is either made by my sister, or me. Some of the things we have for sale are Infant/toddler shirts, bracelets, headbands, "robeez" like baby shoes, made out of fabric, crayon caddies, Felt Gingerbread houses (for kids to play with) and such. It seems like a mismatch of things, but I think for me, I am trying to figure out if people would actually buy the things I make. We will see how it goes!

This is a shirt I painted, and then sewed for Ady.

It's a little big on her, but she absolutely loves it!

We will see what I come up with next!

1 comment:

Erin Stones said...

I don't know of any specific jobs right now, but I do know that the economy in Utah is still doing really well. Your hubby may want to check out some jobs down here and see what he finds. My husband works in project management, so I will ask him if he knows of anything specific, if you guys are interested. I know that one of his friends was layed off from his job up there in Boise, and ended up needing to relocate to find anything. He is an engineer- so a little different, but still he said there wasn't much available in the Boise area! Good luck, I am sure that things will work out for you