Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day!

Mother's day was great this year! I had the opportunity to spend the day with my favorite people. Prior to Sunday, Ben surprised me at work with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from a local flower shop here! I was pleasantly surprised, and the lady's at work, seemed to be giving me jealous glares... just kiddin~ But the truth is, I am spoiled... He does a good job!

We woke up Sunday morning and Ben made me my favorite Weight Watchers Recipe pancakes with strawberries and bacon, yum, yum.

Then I attended a local tea party. They had a good message about being a woman, and fulfilling your duty, as women, and loving yourself.

Ben and the kids then took me out to lunch at a local cafe. I was bad and ordered a delicious patty melt! I felt bad about no sticking to my weight watchers points, but it was well worth it.

When we got home, we all went on a bike ride. The kids fell asleep in the bike trailer! We love riding bikes together. Around came dinner, and once again Ben was the chef! He made my favorite meal, tacos!


Oh yeah, I made my mom, and myself a mothers day present this year. My mom request a purse for mothers day, of course, made by me. She told me she wanted bright and bold... So that's what i gave her.

I made a brown fake leather one for myself. I didn't have a pattern for these purses, so I made them up as i went. I hope to get better at these soon, as I LOVE purses, and making them
It was a wonderful day, with family! I couldn't have a more blessed family!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love my new purse made by you!! I am using it! It is lightweight and it holds a lot!! Thank you so so much!! I love it!! Now I want a faux leather one!!!! Can you make me a brown one too???? hugs from Mom!