Thursday, January 28, 2010

Boise Trip

We headed to Boise, January 13 through 17th. The main reason for this visit was to get Lasiks done on my eyes, but it just so happened that Ben's birthday was the day after my surgery. We stayed at Tiffany's place, and really had a great time!
The first stop we made way over to my Grandparents house. They needed help moving their tv, which mind you, was nearly 300 pounds (no wonder they couldn't move it), and we wanted to get a visit in. It just so happened that Santa had brought all the kids coloring books! A little late, but much appreciated!
Tiffany and I with my Granny D and Poppa!
Granny D and Poppa with their GREAT GrandkidsThe kids coloring in the coloring books Santa had left them.Next came the big day. My lasik surgery wasn't scheduled until 5:30 and I had to be there at 5 to get ready for it. That day seemed like the longest day of my life. The surgery couldn't get here soon enough, but I was soooo nervous, I didn't think it would get over quick enough. When I got there, they served me VALIUM and I settled down. The surgery went something like this: They placed numbing eye drops in both my eyes, and gave me time to let it set in.
Next they brought me in the little room, I don't know if you could call it an operating room, but more like an office. They laid me down on an dental chair, and made sure my head was supported, so much so, that I couldn't move. The doctor then came in and put some more numbing drops in. The surgery was so quick, I remember them placing a eye holder on the first eye, and covered the other eye. I was told to look directly at the red light... They placed a suction cup directly on my eye, which caused my vision to go black for a second, but quickly came back. I continued to look at the red light, the machine started making a zapping noise, and it was done. They did the same thing to the other eye, which took a total of about 5 minutes, and we were done. They sent me home with one more valium, and I slept the rest of the night. I woke up the next morning with 20/20 vision! and I haven't been more happier.
This day also happened to be Ben's 27th Birthday! We went to my post op appointment and then celebrated his birthday the rest of the day. That night, we had a little family birthday party at my mom's house!

No comments: