Thursday, September 18, 2008

1st Month is a Success!

This is a long one.... I have a lot on my mind... Bare with me please.

Also I have added "My Follower's" To my page. Please add yourself if you would like to keep updated on our blog!

This last Wednesday marks the end of the first month with the weight loss challenge. I am proud to announce that I have officially lost 15 pounds and 6 inches (regardless to the fact that I was on steroids for half of the month...) I am starting to feel like a new person. I already have increase energy, no longer craving crap, am getting better sleep, and my confidence is growing more and more each day.

Starting this whole life change was difficult for me to accept. It took me a long time to accept the fact that I did have a compulsive eating problem, and that I was the only one that could fix it. I wanted to think for the longest time that there was some miracle drug, machine or diet that could fix my world. What I didn't understand, and now do, is that nothing is going to work unless I want it to, and put in the time and effort needed to make my life different.

Literally, all i have done is started eating healthier and working out. I no longer crave sugar because I allow myself to have a bite when I am wanting it (I don't eat a whole pan of brownies, or 4 scoops of ice cream). I make healthier choices at all meals and only eat until I am full. I still eat out, not fast food, but I eat what I want. I tried a bite of my kids happy meal I picked up for them the other day and was in amazement about how awful that food actually tastes. I can do without it now.

As for the Hubby, he is doing great at well. He is losing weight, not that he mentions it or anything, but I can really tell. He has been feeling a lot healthier, and not so many stomach problems occur like they did before. I am proud of him for supporting me in my time of need and not slacking off as some husbands would do.

Ben has been such a blessing for me because he always believes in me. He is there for me when I need someone to talk to, to listen to me, even though I am not making any sense. He always has words of encouragement, and understands when I am having a hard time. He has been the most diligent husband I could ask for. I know, that for the rest of my life, I have the perfect partner, husband, and father of my children. I am thankful that the Lord has blessed me with such an outstanding man.

The kids have been so cute lately. On Tuesday of this week, we started watching my niece, Paisley. The kids are so happy when she arrives. The first hour of Paisley arriving, all Ady says is "Doll, LeeLee" (which I believe translates to Baby Paisley) Hayden refers to her as his sister, and stated "Mom, now I just need a boy" and I asked "A brother?" "Nope I just need a boy... " I think, already, all the girls are getting to him!?

Kids come up with the cutest things to say. When Dana arrived to pick up Paisley she asked Hayden if he had been a good boy that day... His response was "Kinda" and then she asked if he was naughty and he replied "Maybe" He is getting quite a mind of his own, and knows what's going on around him.

Ady is saying new words everyday. Her 14 month vocabulary now includes, ma ma, dad dEE, hayd or 'der der' (for brother), doll (for baby), shoes, nose, honk, bottle, yeah, and so many more... She really is a determined little girl that wants no more than to be able to keep up with her big brother.

Also, we have become qualified to buy another home... We are starting our search, and unlike last time, we are going to take our time to find a house that we can afford, that works for us, and that we love. We are excited for this experience, but yet at the same time scared... With the economy being the way it is... we are scared for the future. We question constantly whether right now is the right time for us to buy, or whether we should wait and see where Ben's job takes him. We have considered moving out of state... but i guess until we actually find him a better IT job, we will be living in Idaho.

I will post some recent pictures later!!!

1 comment:

Nick & Steph said...

Terah,
It sounds like you are doing so well! I am so impressed at how you have made such drastic changes in your life. Keep up the good work!