Sunday, March 29, 2009

sewing sewing sewing...all weekend long.

Our weekend consisted of bad weather, everyday, except Friday night!


Friday night, I decided to take the kids to the dollar store, and let them pick out some "toys" and "treats" for being such good kids at daycare this week.(Daycare? Yes, Daycare... I will talk about this in my next post) This was the first time I ventured out by myself, on my bike, with the kids in the bike trailer!

Fun, Fun, Fun. With Baker City being such a small little town, we were able to ride not only to the dollar store, but to red box and Safeway, to get other errands done as well. The kids enjoyed it, and even though their toys from the dollar store are completely broken, and in the trash, they still had fun and ask to go on a ride every day.

The rest of the weekend, due to the bad weather, we pretty much stayed inside and vegged. I took this chance to pull out my sewing machines and sew sew sew! Last weekend while we were in Boise, my Mom's Friend, Linda, gave me a ton of fabric, mostly denim. Ever since I had gone to Kim's house, a new friend I met here, (who also moved here from Boise?!!?) and saw the denim quilt she made, I wanted to make one, too (for Hayden's Bed). So that's what I did. I don't think mine looks as good as hers, but I tried. I also tried quilting it, but it's way to big for my sewing machine, so I think I will have to start looking for other options.

You can kinda see the quilting in the picture below on the left hand side...yuck.

I also took this sewing opportunity to make Ady a few more things. I can't decide if I like what I have made, because they kinda look tooo homemade, so I will post pictures of them here, SO PLEASE COMMENT ABOUT THEM, AND BE HONEST!The dress is supposed to look like this, with the straps out in front...don't know if I am too fond of how this looks.Ady sure loves it!

I like the back a lot better than the front~!


This is a tank top. I made pants, and messed up on them, so that's why she doesn't have any one. I will take a complete picture of the outfit tomorrow and post it. This tank top was a pain in the butt make... Ugh, the pattern wasn't very clear at all, but I think it turned out alright.Every time I put something on her that I have made, she starts to run around the kitchen table? Don't know why, but it sure makes her happy!

No comments: